Tin Type App


 I have, on my iPhone 7, an app called 'Tin Type'. this amazing piece of technology, emulates a very old photographic process, popular in the early days of photography. So when I was out photographing graffiti in Leicester City Centre recently, I had the idea to combine 3D, (two images shot with my LUMIX GF-1, and a Lomography Experimental lens, then running the final image through the Tin Type app, the result being the above.

People have called me a photographic alchemist, and I'm happy to don that tag, as I love to experiment with different ways of doing things. There is however, a fairly new company in Eastern Europe, who have started selling the Tin Type process again using photography dry plates. I'm looking into this as I write. In the meantime, it's time to retreat indoors, and get on the Mac to create more stereo images.

Comments

Popular Posts