Saturday, 3 September 2016

Summer Reflection

We are just into September and the rain is falling, signalling I fear the beginning  of the end to the hot days we've been all enjoying of late. And for me, to look back on my summer reading list, to see if I've achieved all that I wanted in book consumption.

I don't think I've done too badly, about 12 to 15 books either completed, and/or in the process of being finished. There has also bee a dramatic shift in my book habits, with listening more than ever to 'audio or talking books', and watching movie adaptations of famous and not so well known books, like Erskine Caldwell's 'God's Little Acre'.

So all in all I've had a wonderful literary summer, with the inclusion of lots and lots of poetry, and an abundance of journal writing. More of the same I hope, although mostly indoors I guess, for thre coming Autumn. 

No comments: